Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dating

Derrick and I started dating officially in the beginning of February 2012.  Before that, we knew each other for about 6 years.  We met at the singles branch of our church back then.  We both had previous marriages and we were having a hard time getting over the awful things we had been through.  I was separated from my ex husband in November 2011.  At that time, I was living in Chicago so I left and moved to Springfield, Missouri to be with my family.  I knew that Derrick had been separated from his ex wife for a while and in January 2012, I reached out to him via Facebook.  I asked how he was doing and then went on to say that I was getting a divorce.  He was apologetic and we chatted about the hard times we were going through.  At the end of our conversation, I gave him my number and told him if he needed anything or just wanted to talk to just call or text me.  He gave me his number as well. 

A few days later, he text me and said "Hi Cassie.  I just wanted to say hi."  I was living with my ex husbands mom at the time but happen to be in Springfield visiting family.  We text back and forth for a long time getting to know one another on a more personal level.  The next day I ran some errands but soon grew hungry.  I text Derrick and asked him what he was up to.  He said he was getting ready to go into a lab for school.  I told him that I was getting hungry but didn't want to eat by myself.  I didn't want to take him away from school but he assured me that it was only a mapping lab and he does that for a living.  Lol!  We ate lunch and discussed our previous marriages and what we were doing with our free time.  Afterward, he took me back to my parents house.  Before I got out of the truck I told him that I would like to see him again after I moved back to Springfield (which was just a week away). We pretty much talked every night after that and when I moved to Springfield, we were inseparable.

Derrick is everything I wanted and needed in a husband and the more and more we talked (even about the most random things) the more and more we new that we were meant to be together.  I ask him all the time why we didn't date a long time ago and he always replies that he feels like we both had to learn some things to come to the point where we are now.  I believe everything happens for a reason.  There was a reason why we both had to go through what we went through but we are both stronger having been through that tough trial.  I love Derrick so much and we are so happy together.

1 comment:

  1. Just like the song says...God blessed this broken road that led him straight to you!!! Always and forever!!!! I am so happy for you 3!! Love you bunches!! :)

    ReplyDelete